Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A handheld gunlike photosensitive device used chiefly in video games, held to the display screen for passing information to the computer.
- ‘The new light gun will blow you away with its pixel accuracy and sleek pistol grip.’
- ‘Your television screen is coated with a stuff called phosphor that lights up when the light guns shine on it.’
- ‘When the controllers are connected to the light gun attachment, it works pretty well.’
- ‘Sure, you can only play three games with it, but show your support of light guns now and maybe we'll get more games that support it in the future.’
- ‘How does the light gun for a video game work?’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.