One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The lowest weight in amateur boxing, ranging up to 106 pounds (48 kg).
- ‘He made sure he exacted vengeance in the rematch to take home the World Boxing Organization Asia-Pacific light flyweight belt this time.’
- ‘The United States boxing team arrived in Rio de Janeiro on Sunday, July 15 and has settled into the athletes’ village for a short acclimation camp before opening competition on Friday, June 20 with first round bouts in the light flyweight, bantamweight, lightweight, welterweight, and light heavyweight divisions.’
- ‘In the light flyweight division, it was a battle between last year's champions.’
- 1.1 A light flyweight boxer.
- ‘The light flyweights stepped through the ropes for the first time, and a former junior national champion and U.S. Championships titlist both advanced to the quarterfinal round.’
- ‘The US-raised boxer has difficulty maintaining 108 lb, the prescribed scale for light flyweights.’
- ‘Duncanville's Luis Yanez, who recently won a gold medal at the Pan American Games, defeated Malcolm Franklin, 27-12, in a matchup of light flyweights (106 pounds)’
- ‘However, on the undercard, two power punching light flyweights will battle for the IBF version of the crown.’
- ‘On the down side, in this centennial year Panama won't get to see which of its two outstanding light flyweights is really better.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.