One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The lowest weight in amateur boxing, ranging up to 106 pounds (48 kg).
- ‘He made sure he exacted vengeance in the rematch to take home the World Boxing Organization Asia-Pacific light flyweight belt this time.’
- ‘The United States boxing team arrived in Rio de Janeiro on Sunday, July 15 and has settled into the athletes’ village for a short acclimation camp before opening competition on Friday, June 20 with first round bouts in the light flyweight, bantamweight, lightweight, welterweight, and light heavyweight divisions.’
- ‘In the light flyweight division, it was a battle between last year's champions.’
- 1.1 A light flyweight boxer.
- ‘The US-raised boxer has difficulty maintaining 108 lb, the prescribed scale for light flyweights.’
- ‘On the down side, in this centennial year Panama won't get to see which of its two outstanding light flyweights is really better.’
- ‘However, on the undercard, two power punching light flyweights will battle for the IBF version of the crown.’
- ‘The light flyweights stepped through the ropes for the first time, and a former junior national champion and U.S. Championships titlist both advanced to the quarterfinal round.’
- ‘Duncanville's Luis Yanez, who recently won a gold medal at the Pan American Games, defeated Malcolm Franklin, 27-12, in a matchup of light flyweights (106 pounds)’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.