One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A flat box with a side of translucent glass or plastic and containing an electric light, so as to provide an evenly lighted flat surface or even illumination, such as in an art or photography studio.
- ‘The light box is disassembled showing the inside white plastic and very small lights in the corners.’
- ‘If you need a different size or you have a special application for using a light box, let us know.’
- ‘This is why we make so many different light boxes and sad lamps, and why we're sure there's a perfect one for you.’
- ‘I have the light box on 20 minutes in the morning after I get up; then again in late afternoon at dusk.’
- ‘The light box is not heavy at all and sits easily on the brackets attached to the secondary support ring.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.