One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Light in color or shade.‘light-toned maple-veneer cabinets help brighten the space’
light-coloured, pale, pale-coloured, pastel, pastel-colouredView synonyms
- ‘The light-toned stone floor and buff-coloured walls and lack of gallery clutter give full rein to the contemplative nature of her work.’
- ‘This large, unusual light-toned rock that appeared to be scalloped by the winds had caught their eyes the first time they saw it.’
- ‘The interesting point is the light-toned rocks were coated after they were shaped by wind, so this is not a process that goes back billions of years but is a more recent process.’
- ‘The clothing racks are a soothing, light-toned, lacquered wood with brushed metal fixtures so as to not show any reflection.’
- ‘There are subtle shade differences from room to room, but the light-toned palette helps the space feel more expansive.’
- ‘By 1906 the brilliant colours and joyous freedom of Bevan's earlier painting had given way to a more traditional, light-toned, impressionist palette and a more considered, broken touch.’
- ‘The light-toned eucalyptus wood and aluminum in the dash and around the center console gives the car a contemporary look.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.