One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A moment of sudden realization, enlightenment, or inspiration.‘I had a light-bulb moment and vowed to start managing my money better’‘for independent inventors, the light-bulb moment must be followed by the long hard slog of production and marketing’
- ‘I was with my friend and now, business partner Kim, when she had a light bulb moment.’
- ‘1838 Colonial Postmaster General in Sydney James Raymond had a light-bulb moment when he introduced pre-paid postage to the Land of Oz, the first of its kind anywhere in the world.’
- ‘He came up with the idea for the Roald Dahl Funny Prize in a "light bulb moment", thinking the late author's name could help "celebrate funniness".’
- ‘"I introduced myself to him, and it was the proverbial light bulb moment," said Joshua Worby, the orchestra's executive director.’
- ‘It was one of those light-bulb moments in a life - though something of an "environmentally friendly light bulb - it took a long time to come on".’
- ‘The light bulb moment came when the brothers...decided to record and podcast the open mike sessions, which were initially held at a local cafe.’
- ‘Anyway, as she's sweeping up all the hair that is slowly dying on the floor, I have a light bulb moment and cry "wait"!’
- ‘After a visit to my TCM doctor I had a light bulb moment.’
- ‘And so that was, I guess, what some people would refer to as my light bulb moment where I became so very acutely aware of not only the presence of God, but the goodness of God.’
- ‘It was a light-bulb moment when she realized that table manners apply at home too.’
- ‘In a light bulb moment, Hong came up with the idea for the website.’
- ‘It was a classic light-bulb moment, and I knew I had to figure out how to make those shoes.’
- ‘Then, in a light-bulb moment, I realised that the mates were the problem: I'd give them up.’
- ‘She blurts out some homespun wisdom about avoiding the pitfalls of Hollywood and he has a light-bulb moment.’
From the representation of an illuminated light bulb above a character's head in a cartoon or comic strip, to indicate that they have had an idea.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.