One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Again, opponents have learned on the enemy ball to counter movement by matching their adversaries' lifters, and reacting with appropriate alacrity.’
- ‘Two of those lifters competed in Athens after resurrecting their careers following a drug ban.’
- ‘The Turkish lifters wanted to smoke in between lifts, but the American aides were under instructions that no one could smoke indoors.’
- ‘All three Salisbury stars played their part in helping the British lifters secure second place in the team competition behind their American hosts.’
- ‘Despite the inclusion of a number of respectable lifters in their squad, they were unable to match not only the technical expertise of the Oxford lifters, but also their cohesion and team spirit.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.