One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘At least one second fastening element is affixed at a second position to the article and configured to be engageable with the liftable portion of the first fastening element.’
- ‘Crates are bolted together into easily liftable units six long and three high.’
- ‘The 14-way divider keeps tall clubs and short clubs segmented, and an aluminum-plated, liftable compartment protects sunglasses and a cell phone while letting the cart strap slide underneath.’
- ‘After several drinks it was barely liftable, and would be a good candidate for breaking toes if you dropped it.’
- ‘It also has a hydraulically powered winch with 60’ of cable and a liftable butt plate on the back and small dozer blade on the front.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.