One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A strategy or technique adopted in order to manage one's time and daily activities in a more efficient way.
- ‘Lots of great lifehacks seen in the "share your own thoughtless act" section, as people repurpose things in imaginative ways.’
- ‘I was looking for more lifehack-style posts such as how to lock your bike, which bike maintenance book to buy and things that may interest me as a casual cyclist.’
- ‘This is one of the most useful sites on the net in my opinion, offering good life hacks for better use of your time and your technology.’
- ‘I recently learned a great lifehack from an Australian friend: have separate Pesach cupboards in your normal kitchen, then just seal the regular ones and open the pesach ones.’
- ‘Also, I recently learned a great little life hack to get good tickets at the National, but I'm sworn to secrecy.’
- ‘I imagine for a week or two I'll carry around a stack of index cards bound with a bulldog clip, and read obsessively looking for the latest life hacks.’
- ‘At first, overcoming the fear of anxiety and reclaiming social ground was a selfish pursuit, my own special lifehack for dealing with anxieties associated with certain social interactions.’
- ‘Lifehacks were originally created for geeks, helping them be more productive with their work and their lives, but I think it's a great name for doing the same thing for anyone, helping them live better lives.’
- ‘I've been doing a lot of geeky snooping around sites dealing with so-called Lifehacks.’
- ‘Like many of us, LeDuc was after the journalistic equivalent of "life hacks," those little tricks, shortcuts, gadgets, productivity methods designed for overloaded 21st century computers, minds and lives.’
- ‘When not working with clients or volunteering with the National Association of Professional Organizers, Deb shares organizing tips and lifehacks via her blog.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.