Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A strategy or technique adopted in order to manage one's time and daily activities in a more efficient way.
- ‘I recently learned a great lifehack from an Australian friend: have separate Pesach cupboards in your normal kitchen, then just seal the regular ones and open the pesach ones.’
- ‘Like many of us, LeDuc was after the journalistic equivalent of "life hacks," those little tricks, shortcuts, gadgets, productivity methods designed for overloaded 21st century computers, minds and lives.’
- ‘I imagine for a week or two I'll carry around a stack of index cards bound with a bulldog clip, and read obsessively looking for the latest life hacks.’
- ‘When not working with clients or volunteering with the National Association of Professional Organizers, Deb shares organizing tips and lifehacks via her blog.’
- ‘I've been doing a lot of geeky snooping around sites dealing with so-called Lifehacks.’
- ‘Lots of great lifehacks seen in the "share your own thoughtless act" section, as people repurpose things in imaginative ways.’
- ‘This is one of the most useful sites on the net in my opinion, offering good life hacks for better use of your time and your technology.’
- ‘I was looking for more lifehack-style posts such as how to lock your bike, which bike maintenance book to buy and things that may interest me as a casual cyclist.’
- ‘Lifehacks were originally created for geeks, helping them be more productive with their work and their lives, but I think it's a great name for doing the same thing for anyone, helping them live better lives.’
- ‘At first, overcoming the fear of anxiety and reclaiming social ground was a selfish pursuit, my own special lifehack for dealing with anxieties associated with certain social interactions.’
- ‘Also, I recently learned a great little life hack to get good tickets at the National, but I'm sworn to secrecy.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.