One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A list of all the kinds of birds observed by a person during his or her life.
- ‘This happy turn of events brings our life list of warblers up to 22.’
- ‘I added 102 birds to my life list, bringing me up to 517.’
- ‘Travis has a stupendous 4,500 birds on his life list and is determined to bring the tally to 5,000 before he's through.’
- ‘Maybe I'll even add a few non-Coulee Audubon birders to my life list in the process.’
- ‘After your life list, year list, country list, state list, county list, and backyard list, you've got to admit enough is enough.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.