One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Insurance that pays out a sum of money either on the death of the insured person or after a set period.
- ‘He hastily recited his life insurance policies and employee bonus programmes.’
- ‘I now have full life insurance and critical illness insurance, based on a sum of £110,000.’
- ‘Grown-ups with small dependents, mortgages and life insurance policies should definitely have a will.’
- ‘Independent guides on life insurance and general insurance will be published in the autumn.’
- ‘Perhaps the best example of non-indemnity insurance is that of life insurance.’
- ‘The proceedings relate to part of the proceeds of two life insurance policies.’
- ‘At some point, Young will also need to add life insurance as a part of his estate plan.’
- ‘He reviewed bank statements, life insurance policies, and retirement benefits.’
- ‘Many people buy life insurance that pays out a lump sum that replaces their income if they die.’
- ‘Over more than three decades, he transformed it into one of the top life insurance companies in the US.’
- ‘It can also include flight accident insurance - life insurance in case of a crash.’
- ‘If you go on holiday or want life insurance, then your insurance is based on how well you are.’
- ‘Shopping around also applies to people who already have life insurance policies.’
- ‘She returns the favour by naming him sole beneficiary in her life insurance policy.’
- ‘One of the most popular ways of providing funds to pay for this liability is with a whole of life insurance policy.’
- ‘His publications were not confined to questions relating to life insurance policies however.’
- ‘Revenue has also grown largely as a result of increased mortgage lending and also through the sale of life insurance and pensions.’
- ‘February and March are the two months when life insurance policy sales soar.’
- ‘That he took out seven life insurance policies aroused suspicion from the very beginning.’
- ‘This is basically life insurance whereby the level of cover decreases in line with the outstanding debt.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.