One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The series of changes in the life of an organism including reproduction.
- ‘Corpses, after all, are just organic matter, part of a natural life cycle.’
- ‘Natural selection must sum up the selective forces on all tissues at all stages of the life cycle and on the gametes themselves.’
- ‘This runs from a given stage in the life cycle through all the steps needed to reproduce that stage in the next generation.’
- ‘The first was a commission to photograph the life cycle of plankton.’
- ‘Entry into the transport medium may or may not be a regular part of the life cycle of an organism.’
- ‘The previous chapter discussed the concept of a product life cycle and noted that most products eventually go into decline.’
- ‘The birth of two children, also part of the life cycle, did not provide him with more positive material either.’
- ‘Like other animals, they pass through a life cycle from birth to maturity to death.’
- ‘Leaf senescence is a key step in the life cycle of an annual plant.’
- ‘The life cycle of leukaemia cells is well understood, making it relatively easy to spot changes in behaviour.’
- ‘For more perspective we could set other versions of the life cycle in different cultures next to our own.’
- ‘It was the lot of women to hold status mediated by family relationships that were subject to change over the course of the female life cycle.’
- ‘As a result, it can offer environmental benefits throughout the product life cycle.’
- ‘The phytohormone ethylene plays roles in physiological processes throughout the life cycle of the plant.’
- ‘Flowering transition is a major event in the plant life cycle that has to be precisely timed for reproductive success.’
- ‘You can change the look at any time and know that the long hair has a limited life cycle.’
- ‘Several methodologies for detecting the underground stages of the parasite life cycle have been reported.’
- ‘A majority of plants possess stages in their life cycle at which specific tissues can survive severe tissue water loss.’
- ‘The malaria parasite has a complex life cycle and spends part of it in red blood cells.’
- ‘The gene is needed for the parasite to progress to the next stage of its life cycle and eventually to cause the disease.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.