One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A commissioned officer in the US Navy or Coast Guard ranking above ensign and below lieutenant.
- ‘We had an extensive debrief afterward - all the more grueling for our lieutenant junior grade because the event was eventually cancelled for weather.’
- ‘Even though I was a nugget lieutenant junior grade on my first set of work-ups, I was starting to feel salty around the boat.’
- ‘Eighteen months later, a Navy selection board promoted him to lieutenant, advancing him beyond the next immediate rank of lieutenant junior grade.’
- ‘My crew consisted of a lieutenant starting his last year at the command as aircraft commander, a lieutenant junior grade on his first mission commander hop, another department head, and our CAG chaplain.’
- ‘Now I was thinking to myself that CAG and the skipper were biting their nails as the only lieutenant junior grade in the two Hornet squadrons was flailing around the gulf.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.