One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘One drawing, dated 1768, shows a short-legged lidless partitioned square box, and another, dated 1769, shows an octagonal lidded container on short legs partitioned to hold eight bottles.’
- ‘Thanks to the lidless litter section, trash is exposed and rotting.’
- ‘That guy who used to play a lidless grand piano was always right in front.’
- ‘In ancient days astronomers might have read ominous portends in that lidless eye.’
- ‘The crystal eyes were lidless; in lieu of a nose, there were two sockets that plugged into the nostril tubes of the silver face; the mouth, little more than a slit, was slightly open, exposing tattooed teeth.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.