Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The granting or regulation of licenses, as for professionals.‘licensure for respiratory therapists’
- ‘Permits may be issued in certain professions where an applicant for licensure meets specific requirements.’
- ‘Therefore it is recommended that you check with the individual state dental board where licensure is desired to obtain the most up-to-date information.’
- ‘A licensure examination tests more than technical knowledge, although that is a large part of it.’
- ‘The current licensure processing time is approximately 4-8 weeks from the date the complete application packet is received.’
- ‘All of the information you need to apply for initial licensure or a renewal of your license is available for download here.’
Mid 19th century: from license + -ure.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.