Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The granting or regulation of licenses, as for professionals.‘licensure for respiratory therapists’
- ‘A licensure examination tests more than technical knowledge, although that is a large part of it.’
- ‘Therefore it is recommended that you check with the individual state dental board where licensure is desired to obtain the most up-to-date information.’
- ‘Permits may be issued in certain professions where an applicant for licensure meets specific requirements.’
- ‘The current licensure processing time is approximately 4-8 weeks from the date the complete application packet is received.’
- ‘All of the information you need to apply for initial licensure or a renewal of your license is available for download here.’
Mid 19th century: from license + -ure.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.