One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A formal agreement giving a person or organization permission to use or do something.‘he used 30 songs in the soundtrack, each requiring a licensing agreement’
- ‘We are pleased and proud to announce this exclusive licensing agreement in the professional audio marketplace.’
- ‘He added that cloud maintenance, licensing agreements and other hidden costs can actually make cloud services less attractive in monetary terms.’
- ‘If you violate the licensing agreement, you're illegally using the software, and the only way to legally obtain the software is through Apple.’
- ‘The basic model that we use is a rolling 30 day licensing agreement where we borrow empty properties from their owners while they're empty and make them available to people who want to use them for short but ongoing periods of time.’
- ‘The companies did not disclose details of the settlement or the licensing agreement.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.