One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The holder of a license.
- ‘The plaintiff, who was on the defendant's land as a licensee, was injured by the negligent shunting of railway trucks.’
- ‘There were only two situations in which the patentee or its licensee could obtain injunctive relief of the type being sought here.’
- ‘I am sure that your licensees will sympathise that this is no easy task.’
- ‘Common fairness might well require that that should be done in the case of a licensee just as much as the case of a tenant.’
- ‘The agreement was expressed to be a licence personal to the licensee.’
- ‘The rear driveway may be used by all of them, their visitors and licensees.’
- ‘This is the same principle as allows a licensee who is in de facto possession to evict a trespasser.’
- ‘We have restrictions and licensees are selling the products that they are legally allowed to.’
- ‘The licensees accepted that it was not possible for them to operate a successful registration scheme.’
- ‘Licensing officers also train licensees, who must undergo the training to get a licence.’
- ‘The four persons named as the successful licensees in the final certificate are the respondents to this appeal.’
- ‘How does this permit State activity of this sort directed to a licensee as to what they may or may not broadcast?’
- ‘Since the end of January, the council has been consulting residents, business owners and licensees about the ban.’
- ‘In many cases the application of the rule raises the question whether the licensee has been guilty of contributory negligence.’
- ‘Accordingly, the occupier did not have exclusive possession of his room, and was a licensee and not a tenant.’
- ‘The Second Defendant is a United Kingdom subsidiary of the First Defendant and its licensee in the United Kingdom.’
- ‘First, these separated the sale of beer from its brewing, and required all licensees to sell both beer and spirits.’
- ‘If they have given a licensee a licence which cannot be revoked that does not prevent them from being liable under the contract for its breach.’
- ‘Indeed it is difficult to discover even partial delegation of the licensee's proprietary or managerial functions.’
- ‘Refunds for tickets associated with suites will be sent directly to the suite licensee and not to individual ticket stub holders.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.