Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A graduate school of a university teaching library science.
- ‘I thought that the library school should ally with the computer department.’
- ‘In library school, one professor teaching online searching always emphasized looking for the most distinctive words to use in a keyword search.’
- ‘He took a job teaching at the library school here.’
- ‘Who knows, you may get inspired to go to library school yourself.’
- ‘For an educator teaching in a library school, his long essay on the destruction of newspapers in favor of microfilm was a welcome diversion.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.