One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Official charges are public indecency and public lewdness.’
- ‘They don't even complain about the lewdness and promiscuity being displayed on the so-called soap operas.’
- ‘Greek officers visited Lancashire this summer as part of a project with the county's police to help them cut back on violence, lewdness and other drunken behaviour in the resort.’
- ‘A line could and should easily be drawn, however, when these companies resort to nonsensical double entendres involving lewdness and obscenity.’
- ‘As the member of a women's club that constantly crusades against public lewdness and drinking - the same club that got the science teacher fired - she believes that sex should never be discussed in the home.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.