One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Students of the Cave Hill Campus of the University of the West Indies who use vulgar language and dress lewdly have been publicly chided by a senior tutor.’
- ‘There were no signs they had broken a cafe window, behaved lewdly towards women or that there had been an attack by Leeds fans with metal bars.’
- ‘Suddenly a group of inebriated young men came bouncing along the line of parked vehicles, greeting us lewdly as they stomped great dents into the cars' roofs and bonnets.’
- ‘Corin laughed his head off, and Scott clapped wildly; Josh cheered lewdly and Caitlin joined him.’
- ‘As he spoke, he pulled out a switchblade and grinned lewdly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.