One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or promoting the development of leukemia.
- ‘However, caution must be exercised in making such assumptions because many inappropriately expressed genes from the leukemic clone may retain important diagnostic value, but prove not to be leukemogenic.’
- ‘As described earlier, protein dimerizations complicate the leukemogenic mechanism.’
- ‘Hydroxycarbamide is the mainstay of treatment, but fears that it might be leukaemogenic led researchers to test other treatments including the antiplatelet drug anagrelide.’
- ‘The most widely accepted and significant leukemogenic mechanism attributed to the fusion protein involves the constitutive stimulation of tyrosine kinase.’
- ‘This phenomenon can best be explained by the discovery that the site of breakage on chromosome 9 occurs at different places, which alters the product of the translocation and thus the leukemogenic mechanism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.