One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Printing from a hard raised image under pressure, using viscous ink.
- ‘Printing on aluminum foil can be accomplished by any commercial process, including rotogravure, flexography, lithography, and letterpress.’
- ‘Only a few artists have used letterpress in such a visually creative way.’
- ‘The first edition of the album sleeve was done by letterpress, an old and rather inefficient means of printing.’
- ‘Photography liberated painting from strict representation to become abstract and impressionist; television made movies into art as well, and digital printing makes us reverse woodtype, lead, and letterpress.’
- ‘I think perhaps this explains my addiction to letterpress.’
2British Printed text as opposed to illustrations.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.