One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Casually reveal a piece of information.‘from the things he let drop I think there was a woman in his life’
- ‘After the cop had stopped the attractive and self-assured woman for speeding, she let it drop that her father was himself an officer, recently retired.’
- ‘The other day, while talking to a group of women at a public function, she let it drop that she had visited the Chief Minister.’
- ‘Some time ago, he let it fall that he thought the novel no longer had any life in it.’
- ‘Some things he let drop during our conversation last night lead me to believe that his arm might be painful to him this morning.’
- ‘From what I could gather from hints she let fall, she had been pushed down a staircase by her husband some years back.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.