One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Casually reveal a piece of information.‘from the things he let drop I think there was a woman in his life’
- ‘From what I could gather from hints she let fall, she had been pushed down a staircase by her husband some years back.’
- ‘After the cop had stopped the attractive and self-assured woman for speeding, she let it drop that her father was himself an officer, recently retired.’
- ‘The other day, while talking to a group of women at a public function, she let it drop that she had visited the Chief Minister.’
- ‘Some time ago, he let it fall that he thought the novel no longer had any life in it.’
- ‘Some things he let drop during our conversation last night lead me to believe that his arm might be painful to him this morning.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.