One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The inner two meninges, the arachnoid and the pia mater, between which circulates the cerebrospinal fluid.
- ‘The most common intracranial sites of prostate cancer metastasis are the leptomeninges, cerebrum, and cerebellum.’
- ‘Arachnoid and pia are also called leptomeninges (thin membranes).’
- ‘The brain weighed 1620 g, and macroscopic examination revealed congested leptomeninges covering the cerebral hemispheres.’
- ‘Primary malignant melanoma most commonly originates from the skin; other less common sites include the mucous membranes, uvea, retina, and leptomeninges.’
- ‘Lesions in the cerebral hemispheres and brainstem included perivascular lymphocytes in leptomeninges and parenchyma, with scattered microglial nodules in gray and white matter.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.