One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a garment) made of a fabric resembling the spotted skin of a leopard.‘leopard-skin pedal pushers’
- ‘This is the show where Rachel Hunter exclusively revealed: ‘Actually, I've only got one leopard-skin outfit and that's it.’’
- ‘One year, I think she was in a leopard-skin bikini with a live leopard on a leash.’
- ‘He seems to relish the more grotesque aspects of the character as he is frequently seen in nothing but leopard-skin briefs and a day-glo orange tan and is reduced to a gibbering, drooling wreck by the time of the film's finale.’
- ‘He turns up for the audition wearing pink leopard-skin pants, pointy boots, a suede jacket and sunglasses.’
- ‘I mean, it's hard to take the educational content seriously when Alexxi appears in lesson one with pink lipstick, pierced nipples and a pair of leopard-skin cycling shorts.’
- ‘It will make it a lot easier to return those leopard-skin pants you purchased in a moment of midlife madness.’
- ‘She was wearing a leopard-skin top, beautifully offset by a cluster of diamonds.’
- ‘The Conservative chairman stole the show at last year's party conference when she stepped out in striking leopard-skin shoes.’
- ‘I have a leopard-skin outfit I got in the mail from Frederick's of Hollywood that I can still fit into.’
- ‘When last seen, Imelda was wearing leopard-skin ski pants, a white jumper, blue denim jacket and black shoes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.