One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A professional photographer or cameraman.
- ‘The comedian ate the rice and pickle as if it was a gourmet dish while lensmen recorded the event for posterity.’
- ‘One day, this young lensman stumbled into Thanjavur only to be stumped by the period ambience of the place.’
- ‘A photo exhibition, ‘French Urbanscapes’, by Atul Sharma, a lawyer and lensman, shot on his many journeys to France, is one of the forthcoming events.’
- ‘The aspiring lensmen and lenswomen did not disappoint.’
- ‘Excited women and children queued up for their autographs and photographs as lensmen from the media clicked away endlessly.’
- ‘The two long-serving lensmen are marking their 10th anniversary together with a book and an exhibition.’
- ‘It was taken by my good friend and colleague, Peter Dench, an award winning lensman.’
- ‘The viewer is left to guess what the lensman intends to convey, as there are no descriptive captions.’
- ‘An interest in photography led her to a seminar given by Mark Seliger, a Rolling Stone lensman, who then hired her to manage his studio, encouraging her to pursue her own work in between clients.’
- ‘Did they reach that conclusion because of the guy's skills as a faker, or because of his newfound skills as a professional lensman?’
- ‘One such association would help the lensmen to share their experiences and such interactions would help update one's knowledge.’
- ‘Among the great lensmen who inspired Satyan was the legendary French photographer Henry Cartier - Bresson whom he met and observed closely at work.’
- ‘‘It gives the viewer the opportunity to be far and close at the same time,’ the lensman explains.’
- ‘They also made it clear that lensmen alone would be allowed to cover the event.’
- ‘It's as much an exciting journey through the heart of the country's picturesque landscapes as a celebration of the various moods of the literati as seen through the viewfinder of a lensman.’
- ‘And, of course, she clearly has the looks to be a favorite of lensmen.’
- ‘A handful of cops kept instructing the scribes and lensmen not to lean forward or stand.’
- ‘Kids drawn from different schools enthralled viewers with their scintillating performance while lensmen had a field day capturing them in brilliant postures.’
- ‘The pictorial tribute of the lensman went beyond technique.’
- ‘When a few lensmen asked him to pose yet again with the shot before hurling it in the air, he readily agreed and that certainly made a wonderful photograph.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.