One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A professional photographer or cameraman.
- ‘The comedian ate the rice and pickle as if it was a gourmet dish while lensmen recorded the event for posterity.’
- ‘A photo exhibition, ‘French Urbanscapes’, by Atul Sharma, a lawyer and lensman, shot on his many journeys to France, is one of the forthcoming events.’
- ‘An interest in photography led her to a seminar given by Mark Seliger, a Rolling Stone lensman, who then hired her to manage his studio, encouraging her to pursue her own work in between clients.’
- ‘A handful of cops kept instructing the scribes and lensmen not to lean forward or stand.’
- ‘They also made it clear that lensmen alone would be allowed to cover the event.’
- ‘The two long-serving lensmen are marking their 10th anniversary together with a book and an exhibition.’
- ‘One day, this young lensman stumbled into Thanjavur only to be stumped by the period ambience of the place.’
- ‘And, of course, she clearly has the looks to be a favorite of lensmen.’
- ‘Did they reach that conclusion because of the guy's skills as a faker, or because of his newfound skills as a professional lensman?’
- ‘It was taken by my good friend and colleague, Peter Dench, an award winning lensman.’
- ‘Excited women and children queued up for their autographs and photographs as lensmen from the media clicked away endlessly.’
- ‘The viewer is left to guess what the lensman intends to convey, as there are no descriptive captions.’
- ‘The aspiring lensmen and lenswomen did not disappoint.’
- ‘The pictorial tribute of the lensman went beyond technique.’
- ‘One such association would help the lensmen to share their experiences and such interactions would help update one's knowledge.’
- ‘It's as much an exciting journey through the heart of the country's picturesque landscapes as a celebration of the various moods of the literati as seen through the viewfinder of a lensman.’
- ‘Among the great lensmen who inspired Satyan was the legendary French photographer Henry Cartier - Bresson whom he met and observed closely at work.’
- ‘Kids drawn from different schools enthralled viewers with their scintillating performance while lensmen had a field day capturing them in brilliant postures.’
- ‘When a few lensmen asked him to pose yet again with the shot before hurling it in the air, he readily agreed and that certainly made a wonderful photograph.’
- ‘‘It gives the viewer the opportunity to be far and close at the same time,’ the lensman explains.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.