One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tube or ring attached to the front of a camera lens to prevent unwanted light from reaching the film.
- ‘Another lens accessory the camera person may consider using is a lens hood.’
- ‘The primary use for a lens hood is to prevent light from hitting the front lens element from the sides.’
- ‘A special lens or lens hood is used to achieve a gradual light falloff toward the corners of the image frame.’
- ‘This camera is fairly compact, but the large lens hood, camera length and styling lend themselves somewhat to a pro look.’
- ‘A good lens hood can nearly eliminate flare caused by stray light from outside the angle of view.’
lens hood/ˈlenz ˌho͝od/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.