One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A group of North American peoples who formerly occupied the Delaware and Hudson River valleys, with existing populations in Oklahoma, Kansas, Wisconsin, and Ontario.
- ‘The mask appearing on the flag of the Lenni Lenape is divided vertically into black and red halves.’
- ‘In the fall the Lenni Lenape would migrate back to their settlements to harvest their gardens and prepare for winter.’
- ‘The contributions of the Lenni Lenape are documented and memorialized here at the Museum.’
- ‘The Lenni Lenape were gentle, peace-loving people who lived in small, unfortified villages.’
- ‘The native Lenni Lenapes were a peaceful tribe with no centralized governing structure.’
- 1.1 A member of one of the Delaware peoples.
- ‘Most of the Lenni Lenapes are now living in Oklahoma.’
- ‘There is no reliable written record of Lenni Lenapes marrying or living with the people who eventually settled in the mountains and became known locally as a distinct group.’
2The Eastern Algonquian language spoken by any of the Delaware peoples.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.