One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A South American shrub of the verbena family, with lemon-scented leaves that are used as flavoring and to make a sedative tea.
- ‘Being a deciduous shrub, lemon verbena will drop its leaves for a few months during the winter.’
- ‘If you're into herb teas German chamomile, lemon verbena and sage are sunny stalwarts.’
- ‘The Brombals have also grown artichokes, arugula, chard, and lots of herbs, including basil, chives, and lemon verbena.’
- ‘Try herbs such as chamomile, mint, marjoram, lemon verbena, or scented geraniums (Pelargoniums).’
- ‘The severe summer drought got to the lemon verbena long before my silver maples started shedding leaves in stress.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.