A South American shrub of the verbena family, with lemon-scented leaves that are used as flavoring and to make a sedative tea.
- ‘The severe summer drought got to the lemon verbena long before my silver maples started shedding leaves in stress.’
- ‘If you're into herb teas German chamomile, lemon verbena and sage are sunny stalwarts.’
- ‘Try herbs such as chamomile, mint, marjoram, lemon verbena, or scented geraniums (Pelargoniums).’
- ‘The Brombals have also grown artichokes, arugula, chard, and lots of herbs, including basil, chives, and lemon verbena.’
- ‘Being a deciduous shrub, lemon verbena will drop its leaves for a few months during the winter.’