One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Thyme of a hybrid variety having lemon-scented leaves.
Thymus × citriodorus, family Labiatae
- ‘I especially like to use lemon thyme - just kneeling down to weed in that area becomes an olfactory pleasure.’
- ‘Crushed lemon thyme can also come in handy to overcome the problem.’
- ‘The flesh has a light, delicate taste that goes well with fresh herbs such as lemon thyme and parsley.’
- ‘Tie the peppercorns and lemon thyme in cheesecloth to make a sachet.’
- ‘Herbs that do well in these conditions include rosemary, thyme, lemon thyme, marjoram, oregano, artemesia, and sage.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.