Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Let me.‘lemme ask you something’
- ‘To cut this rant off while it's still semi-coherent, lemme go back to the remark that started all this.’
- ‘Well, lemme get my room first and then, I'll come down to meet everyone.’
- ‘Going back to the filibuster, before you all decide to send me angry emails, lemme make one point clear.’
- ‘Well, lemme ease back into this whole posting thing slowly.’
- ‘If so, lemme know, because I'm about to kill mine.’
- ‘I think I took care of most things during the transition, but if something seems weird, lemme know.’
- ‘If you know anyone who wants to buy a couch, lemme know.’
- ‘If anybody has news of the crazy critter, please lemme know if he's okay.’
- ‘If you know of any more sites featuring similar stuff, lemme know.’
- ‘Bobby said ‘wait, lemme warn the guys in back.’’
- ‘So if you decide to go with the moratorium, lemme know how it goes, but I won't be with you.’
- ‘Before you run away, lemme just say that I'm pretty sobered up now.’
- ‘Before I go, lemme reiterate how much I appreciate you guys.’
- ‘I'll be looking up addresses and numbers and such so if you want one lemme know.’
- ‘If some kindly soul can figure out what's wrong and lemme know, I will endeavor to fix it ASAP.’
- ‘But lemme tell you guys, we basically spent that whole year hating each other till that afternoon.’
- ‘If you have trouble reading this template, please lemme know!’
- ‘And lemme know if you have any ideas for the database.’
- ‘Well, lemme go get some Pepsi and go sit in front of the TV.’
- ‘So as long as I'm stuck inside, lemme give you some highlights from the last month!’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.