One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Watching a videotape of Touching the Void at home, a fortnight after seeing it at the cinema, I noticed the music more, and the leisureliness, and the mythical subtext beneath the facts, with Joe Simpson as the archetypal wounded hero.’
- ‘It's apparently the leisureliness, the opportunity to chat, the inherent theatricality and the possibility of a draw.’
- ‘Its thinking is leisurely, because today revolt requires leisureliness and not speed.’
- ‘Where unceasing mobility turns into a stressful burden, a desire for leisureliness and unharriedness is likely to grow.’
- ‘Yet the island's origins and evolution belie the tranquility and leisureliness it has come to embody.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.