One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Watching a videotape of Touching the Void at home, a fortnight after seeing it at the cinema, I noticed the music more, and the leisureliness, and the mythical subtext beneath the facts, with Joe Simpson as the archetypal wounded hero.’
- ‘Yet the island's origins and evolution belie the tranquility and leisureliness it has come to embody.’
- ‘Its thinking is leisurely, because today revolt requires leisureliness and not speed.’
- ‘It's apparently the leisureliness, the opportunity to chat, the inherent theatricality and the possibility of a draw.’
- ‘Where unceasing mobility turns into a stressful burden, a desire for leisureliness and unharriedness is likely to grow.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.