Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A tropical and subtropical disease caused by leishmania and transmitted by the bite of sandflies. It affects either the skin or the internal organs.
- ‘The cutaneous form of leishmaniasis occurs from two weeks to six months after the bite of a sandfly.’
- ‘Of all the parasitic diseases, leishmaniasis is considered the most likely to succumb to vaccination.’
- ‘Leishmania is a protozoan parasite and the causative agent of the disease leishmaniasis.’
- ‘In cutaneous leishmaniasis, the systemic symptoms are usually absent.’
- ‘Various forms of leishmaniasis are spread by the sandfly and are endemic in 88 countries on five continents.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.