One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality of being clear enough to read.‘we've increased the type size for greater legibility’
readability, clarity, readableness, ease of reading, decipherability, clearness, legibleness, plainness, neatnessView synonyms
- ‘The elements in focus are legibility, neatness and artistic value of handwriting, in that order.’
- ‘High contrast, dimmable displays with exceptionally wide viewing angles provide optimum legibility and eye comfort in both dark and bright ambient conditions.’
- ‘At small sizes, it is a disaster, compromising both legibility and readability.’
- ‘It has been designed to help youngsters form a ‘proper’ grip when writing with pens and pencils and is supposed to improve legibility.’
- ‘The majority of the press and public attention has been focused on medication errors, legibility of orders and medical records, restraint of patients, and other issues.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.