The quality of being clear enough to read.‘we've increased the type size for greater legibility’
readability, clarity, readableness, ease of reading, decipherability, clearness, legibleness, plainness, neatnessView synonyms
- ‘The majority of the press and public attention has been focused on medication errors, legibility of orders and medical records, restraint of patients, and other issues.’
- ‘It has been designed to help youngsters form a ‘proper’ grip when writing with pens and pencils and is supposed to improve legibility.’
- ‘The elements in focus are legibility, neatness and artistic value of handwriting, in that order.’
- ‘At small sizes, it is a disaster, compromising both legibility and readability.’
- ‘High contrast, dimmable displays with exceptionally wide viewing angles provide optimum legibility and eye comfort in both dark and bright ambient conditions.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.