Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The quality of being clear enough to read.‘we've increased the type size for greater legibility’
readability, clarity, readableness, ease of reading, decipherability, clearness, legibleness, plainness, neatnessView synonyms
- ‘High contrast, dimmable displays with exceptionally wide viewing angles provide optimum legibility and eye comfort in both dark and bright ambient conditions.’
- ‘At small sizes, it is a disaster, compromising both legibility and readability.’
- ‘It has been designed to help youngsters form a ‘proper’ grip when writing with pens and pencils and is supposed to improve legibility.’
- ‘The majority of the press and public attention has been focused on medication errors, legibility of orders and medical records, restraint of patients, and other issues.’
- ‘The elements in focus are legibility, neatness and artistic value of handwriting, in that order.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.