One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action of making something that was previously illegal permissible by law.‘calls for the legalization of cannabis’
- ‘The reforms stop short of full legalisation or decriminalisation.’
- ‘Our studies have shown movement towards legalization would actually reduce demand for undocumented illegal workers.’
- ‘Legalisation would bring in huge tax revenues for the state.’
- ‘The turning point came in 1973 with the legalisation of abortion by the Supreme Court.’
- ‘There is no evidence that the legalisation of prostitution leads to an increase in demand.’
- ‘I believe in the legalization of marijuana from an economic standpoint.’
- ‘State and territory governments had adopted a relatively liberal approach to the legalisation of internet gambling.’
- ‘Not surprisingly, younger Americans are more inclined to favor legalization.’
- ‘Legalisation did not increase the demand for the drug in Holland.’
- ‘He has explicitly stated he wants expanded guest-worker programs, not legalization.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.