One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action of making something that was previously illegal permissible by law.‘calls for the legalization of cannabis’
- ‘Not surprisingly, younger Americans are more inclined to favor legalization.’
- ‘He has explicitly stated he wants expanded guest-worker programs, not legalization.’
- ‘The reforms stop short of full legalisation or decriminalisation.’
- ‘Our studies have shown movement towards legalization would actually reduce demand for undocumented illegal workers.’
- ‘Legalisation would bring in huge tax revenues for the state.’
- ‘The turning point came in 1973 with the legalisation of abortion by the Supreme Court.’
- ‘Legalisation did not increase the demand for the drug in Holland.’
- ‘I believe in the legalization of marijuana from an economic standpoint.’
- ‘State and territory governments had adopted a relatively liberal approach to the legalisation of internet gambling.’
- ‘There is no evidence that the legalisation of prostitution leads to an increase in demand.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.