One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The carrying out of the profession of being a lawyer.‘two lawyers have been suspended from legal practice’
- ‘In this case, legal practice evolved from very deep roots in a culture which shrouded oaths in powerful taboos.’
- ‘The biggest pressure from blogging will be placed on the state-based regulation of legal practice.’
- ‘Some of the content arises out of late Roman legal practice, or a development from it.’
- ‘He has been suspended by order of the disciplinary tribunal from engaging in legal practice.’
- ‘Where they do arise in corporate legal practice, they are often straightforward disqualifications, or the attorneys obtain a waiver.’
- 1.1 The business or premises of a lawyer.‘he is considering setting up his own legal practice’
- ‘A small fraction of the records of her extensive legal practice are held in the archives at the university.’
- ‘From 1824, he established a profitable legal practice in Sydney.’
- ‘He was groomed to take over my father's legal practice.’
- ‘An incorporated legal practice is required to have at least one solicitor director.’
- ‘Before her son died, she ran a successful legal practice and her life was full and happy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.