An individual, company, or other entity that has legal rights and is subject to obligations.
- ‘In the first chapter we saw that the idea of the company as a separate legal person facilitates two core features of company law.’
- ‘Trusts, of course, are not legal persons and cannot sue or be sued.’
- ‘The hidden premise here is that the unborn life, from its conception, constitutes a legal person.’
- ‘He accomplished this by our ignorance and lack of understanding of what constitutes a legal person.’
- ‘The Supreme Court will decide that since they are not legal persons, the 13 th Amendment does not apply to them.’