One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A lawyer, especially one who is keen and astute.
- ‘There is much admiring of young legal eagles, studying of wizened magistrates and cowering from unrepentant defendants to be done.’
- ‘I'm sure the legal eagles who reviewed all this know what they're doing, but this has made me just a little bit curious about exactly how libel laws work.’
- ‘But legal eagles from four solicitors' firms along historic Mawdsley Street say their well-to-do clients will be put off by a club boasting scantily-clad dancers.’
- ‘He's a real-life legal eagle turned courtroom novelist.’
- ‘I see too that the legal eagles are ready to jump on the bandwagon, suggesting as they do that the penalty of further points for challenging an offence in the courts might be unconstitutional.’
- ‘That, said Harris, leaves Hollywood's legal eagles forced to wrap up the case in the US and bring it to the High Court in London, in a bid to persuade a British judge that any ruling on the evidence made in the US should apply here too.’
- ‘Perhaps the council's own legal eagles should consider this scenario if only to offer comforting advice to residents.’
- ‘And as if the company didn't have enough lawyers already, Rambus is currently advertising for yet more legal eagles here.’
- ‘The legal beagles would have to iron out the details.’
- ‘Again, I'll let the legal beagles weigh in on that one.’
- ‘The entire affair will drag on for months and it could be that the legal eagles will be the only ones to do well out of it.’
- ‘Its legal eagles failed to take depositions or subpoena its own employees, and didn't examine telephone records or individuals' computers.’
- ‘Unfortunately the Globe's photo hadn't been entered into evidence at the trial, meaning the legal beagles at the Minion were in contempt of court.’
- ‘Now let's get some thoughts from our legal eagles.’
- ‘They will be joined by the legal eagles from Ingrams Solicitors, in York, where company bosses have pledged to match all the money raised by the staff.’
- ‘It is inconceivable to pay legal eagles to go over the same arguments again and again.’
- ‘The legal eagles argue that such rules should be addressed by the EU's regulation of the telecoms industry, covered in internal market legislation, Statewatch reports.’
- ‘There's not much else to do except to wait for the legal eagles to complete the paper work and then to agree a date for exchange.’
- ‘I spotted stars from the Pearl Brasserie and some young legal eagles from the Bar Council.’
- ‘‘Our legal eagle reckons you've got no hope if you're going to sue their lawyers,’ he told Astor in a challenging tone.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.