One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Professional advice provided by a lawyer.‘independent legal advice’‘he had a right to seek legal advice’
- ‘It was clear that individual services, other than the free legal advice now almost universally available, were not the most significant reason for members joining.’
- ‘To be safe, you should always seek legal advice before carrying out any dismissal.’
- ‘Accountants can't rely on something they've read to determine their liability risk, and should obtain formal legal advice on their situation.’
- ‘Legal advice was sought at this stage to ensure the structure and bylaws of the new body would meet all organizational and fiscal requirements.’
- ‘Most small business owners realize that legal advice doesn't come cheaply.’
- ‘You can seek legal advice or help but this may be costly.’
- ‘The information in this column is not intended as legal advice but to provide a general understanding of the law.’
- ‘If you wish to get legal advice, your best bet is to contact the California Bar Association for the names of lawyers who do pro bono work.’
- ‘If you feel a company is in breach of contract, don't be afraid to seek independent legal advice or a sympathetic colleague.’
- ‘He had followed strict legal advice while in clerical office.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.