One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1(of paper) measuring 8 ½ by 14 inches.
- ‘The main computer sat on the left flap of a faux-leather portfolio; on the right was an ordinary legal-size pad of paper that overlay a digitized writing tablet.’
- ‘On average, her firm consumes 1,200 legal-size legal pads, 12,000 letter-size legal pads, and 4,200 Junior-size legal pads a year.’
- ‘It should be noted that these are not self-mailers but rather letter- or legal-size pages to be mailed in double-windowed #10 envelopes.’
- ‘There were forty piles of one hundred legal-size sheets.’
- ‘When Moore was not attending to Norcross's personal needs (she was in a cast following an automobile accident) or the various farm animals, she read the James books she had brought with her, filling 57 legal-size pages with quotations.’
- 1.1 Designed to hold paper measuring 8 ½ by 14 inches.
- ‘Drawers and cabinets under the counter conceal legal-size files and office supply storage.’
- ‘For printed plans, send $1 and a self-addressed legal-size envelope to Sunset Magazine.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.