One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The left-hand side of the human brain, which is believed to be associated with linear and analytical thought.
- ‘That's what happens when you simplify learning into a left-brain / right-brain duality.’
- ‘It is supposed to appeal to the left brain, right brain, and memory, fuelling creativity and unlocking the thought process of people across all ages.’
- ‘Normally, at work we do left-brain thinking, which is linear, rational, and logical.’
- ‘In contrast, excess left-brain activity characterized young men who had had childhood depression.’
- ‘To recognize faces and identify facial expression, both with equal skill, pre-pubescent boys use more of their right brain and pre-pubescent girls use more of their left brain.’
- ‘Only monkey calls elicited marked activity in the left-brain region, which handles information about sounds that has already been processed by adjacent acoustic tissue.’
- ‘Even though I'm good with technical subjects, I don't consider myself a left-brain thinker.’
- ‘Collier thinks the contest is between right-brain and left-brain thinking; he has pointed out that all of them are left-handed, while the other team is all right-handed.’
- ‘What makes this film such a delight is how it can be viewed as both a left brain experience or a right brain experience.’
- ‘The left-brain association with tool use was strengthened by studies of two people who previously had the nerve fibers connecting their left and right hemispheres surgically severed to control severe epilepsy.’
- ‘There is a theory that Einstein as well as DaVinci used not only their left brain but also their right brain.’
- ‘These two activities are supposed to get your left brain and right brain working at the same time, reinvigorating your body and brain together.’
- ‘This may be hard to do with a Cabinet overrun with left-brain thinkers.’
- ‘However, performance plummeted for the seven participants with left-brain specialization for language and the seven with right-brain specialization when parts of their crucial neural hemisphere were suppressed.’
- ‘A viewer certainly doesn't have to be a mathematical expert to appreciate what it offers, although those with a strong left-brain component may relate better to John Nash than right-brainers.’
- ‘He thinks that as machines and routinized processes using low-cost labor get better at the left-brain work, Americans will have to make better use of their right-brain capabilities.’
- ‘That's what you doctors always say; you can't accept something that goes beyond your narrow, linear, left-brain mindset.’
- ‘Now how is that reflected in the right brain / left brain shift that we talking about earlier?’
- ‘Bakers are the left-brain types, comfortable with ratios, temperatures, and exact quantities.’
- ‘Naturally, he uses both left brain and right brain logic.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.