One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Omit to put on.‘a bolt may have been left off the plane's forward door during production’
- ‘I would have left her name off the list but that would have been rude.’
- ‘I considered buying it anyway, and leaving the wheels off - it would match what I have now.’
- ‘The other method was to leave his name off a work completely or to send in a proxy.’
- ‘So, while I will sometimes turn comments on, I'll probably leave them off most of the time.’
- ‘At his suggestion, they left his name off the credits so it wouldn't hurt their sales.’
- ‘Didn't you notice when you left my name off Katie's registration?’
- ‘She left her gloves off, and the covers for her forearms and calves, and turned her attention back to her wet hair.’
- ‘Apparently, some people think I left certain characters off the poll because of prejudices.’
- ‘About two months ago the dealer left a clamp off my radiator hose after servicing my car.’
- ‘It was getting darker all time and because I'd left my gloves off, my hands were also freezing cold.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.