One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Fail to interest someone.‘the Romantic poets left him cold’
- ‘Some of the episodes leave me cold and others really tickle my fancy.’
- ‘I don't understand a lot of things others take for granted, and I am left cold by fads such as postmodernism, etc.’
- ‘He tends to leave me cold and I can't say I've enjoyed any of his films for over a decade.’
- ‘Endless flights to test the effects of weightlessness on fruit flies left us cold and indifferent with few exceptions.’
- ‘If the last one left you cold, then only consider it if competitive multiplayer is your thing.’
- ‘The proposals, for that reason, leave us cold.’
- ‘Still some have left us cold and unfulfilled as one party of the match didn't quite live up to their end of the deal.’
- ‘At her home in Florida, she got a phone call from the firm that left her cold.’
- ‘Talk about having problems with billing - our experience with them has left us cold about their services.’
- ‘My parents tried introducing me to Indian art, dance, cooking, and dress, but these things left me cold.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.