One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Fail to include.‘it seemed unkind to leave Daisy out, so she was invited too’‘Janet was feeling rather left out’
miss out, omit, omit by accident, fail to include, overlook, pass over, neglect to notice, leave unnoticed, forgetexclude, omit, except, eliminate, drop, count out, disregard, ignore, reject, pass over, neglect, cut out, do away with, bar, debar, keep outView synonyms
- ‘In all honesty, they probably leave it out for the power reason and to save a few cents on build complexity.’
- ‘First of all, don't assume that the guys deliberately left you out or tried to make you look bad.’
- ‘I felt somehow for many years that George Washington and Alexander Hamilton just left me out by mistake.’
- ‘If the flowers are to be smelled along the way, that is a feminine prerogative, and leave us out of it.’
- ‘There is no reason to leave us out of your tour dates, unless you simply don't want to come.’
- ‘Her neutrality in the First World War left her out of the negotiations concerning the restructuring of Europe.’
- ‘She tried to join them once, but I think they intentionally left her out, so she came back to sit by me again.’
- ‘Couldn't we have left him out until the next episode and had Dale say - oh I'm engaged.’
- ‘Also, the wonderkid thing is exaggerated - Argentina left him out of their squad for the recent World Youth Cup.’
- ‘When I reviewed the first draft of the book, I found that the authors had completely left us out of the story.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.