One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Discontinue one's education.‘he left school at 16’
- ‘I was upset she was leaving school and probably ending her education.’
- ‘With American education falling into decay, and each generation leaving school more hopeless than the last, it's good to know New York State isn't bilking its teachers.’
- ‘For us, finishing Year 12 means having a higher level of education and a wider range of work options when we leave school.’
- ‘Up until 1991, most drivers had little education, with many of them leaving school by 15 years of age, serving three years as an apprentice mechanic or clerk before training as a driver.’
- ‘After her father died, she left school with the equivalent of a grade 8 education, and went to work.’
- ‘She wanted to wait until the children finished school and leave school for the summer.’
- ‘But over 46 million adults lack a high school education, and every year 500,000 students leave school without graduating.’
- ‘He admits that real education doesn't start until after you leave school and start working with great artists.’
- ‘She left school at age 14 with an eighth grade education to work in factories.’
- ‘Although she dreamed of becoming a doctor, financial problems forced her to leave school early, and she never received a formal education.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.