One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A low-growing evergreen shrub of the heath family, found in north temperate regions.
Chamaedaphne calyculata, family Ericaceae
- ‘The combination of altitude, moisture, sunlight, and rich volcanic soils make the perfect environment for the best quality leatherleaf.’
- ‘Pine trees and leatherleafs dotted the slopes of the mountain and a small path appeared in his view.’
- ‘A half-dozen crows burst up out of one of the leatherleafs and silently winged their way north.’
- ‘Trees of every variety tower above you - leatherleafs, firs, oaks and elms.’
- ‘Unfortunately, the methods used to grow leatherleafs and other fern types is often less than benign.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.