One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
At least.‘there is no place like our home, leastways not this side of hell’
- ‘It's rumored he's involved in rustling trail herds, but so far, he ain't broke no laws, leastwise, any that I can pin on him.’
- ‘Damn, you can't use a bow'n'arrow out a car window, leastways not over eighty mile an hour.’
- ‘The first one is a relatively stable area; leastways the changes are not very dynamic.’
- ‘Now there's some o’ the swells as got plenty, - leastways it ought to be, - an’ yet they want more, an’ they ain't by no means partic'lar whether it's honest or not, the way they gits it.’
- ‘There used to be a homeless encampment, but the city finally cleaned them out… or leastwise moved them a couple of blocks north as best as I can tell.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.