One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The bit in a binary number which is of the lowest numerical value.
- ‘If the converted type of the left operand is int, only the five least significant bits of the value of the right operand are used as the shift distance.’
- ‘So this algorithm filters the most significant bits, and leaves the least significant bits to be changed.’
- ‘The rightmost bit is the least significant bit, and the leftmost bit is the most significant bit.’
- ‘As the size of your string grows linearly larger, the difference between the significance of the most significant bit and the least significant bit grows exponentially larger.’
- ‘The presently disclosed system uses a single rate of code applied to the least significant bits and no coding applied to the most significant bits, resulting in a simplification of the implementation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.