One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The bit in a binary number which is of the lowest numerical value.
- ‘The rightmost bit is the least significant bit, and the leftmost bit is the most significant bit.’
- ‘If the converted type of the left operand is int, only the five least significant bits of the value of the right operand are used as the shift distance.’
- ‘The presently disclosed system uses a single rate of code applied to the least significant bits and no coding applied to the most significant bits, resulting in a simplification of the implementation.’
- ‘As the size of your string grows linearly larger, the difference between the significance of the most significant bit and the least significant bit grows exponentially larger.’
- ‘So this algorithm filters the most significant bits, and leaves the least significant bits to be changed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.