One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Mr Jefferson discourses learnedly on the origins of the mechanical arts used in the device, tracing them all the way back to ancient Persia.’
- ‘The story… is told not only clearly and learnedly, but also very sympathetically.’
- ‘He discusses learnedly the question whether the witches were really carried through the air corporeally or not.’
- ‘I don't think that you are either rationally or learnedly qualified to make such a massive declaration for this forum as a whole, as you have done here.’
- ‘‘In each case, we tried to come up with a presenter who could discuss each film learnedly and dispassionately, from the inside,’ Miller says.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.