One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I don't think that you are either rationally or learnedly qualified to make such a massive declaration for this forum as a whole, as you have done here.’
- ‘The story… is told not only clearly and learnedly, but also very sympathetically.’
- ‘Mr Jefferson discourses learnedly on the origins of the mechanical arts used in the device, tracing them all the way back to ancient Persia.’
- ‘‘In each case, we tried to come up with a presenter who could discuss each film learnedly and dispassionately, from the inside,’ Miller says.’
- ‘He discusses learnedly the question whether the witches were really carried through the air corporeally or not.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.