One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘More detailed morphological analysis of this extreme phenotype showed the conversion of stamens into very small leaf-like structures.’
- ‘These delicate fish are poor swimmers, but use their leaf-like appendages to help them blend into the algae and kelp surrounding them for protection from predators.’
- ‘Some species of green algae - the organisms from which plants evolved - were growing half-inch leaf-like sheets 450 million years ago.’
- ‘It's the circular leaf-like shape of the island that gives Antigua its undulating shoreline, within which so many of its famed beaches are nestled.’
- ‘For another, they've taken to tarting up their lattes with leaf-like artwork carved into the foam with subtle tricks of the wrist while pouring the drinks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.