One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small plant bug which is typically brightly colored and leaps when disturbed. It can be a serious crop pest in warm regions.
- ‘Keep a close watch for pests, especially aphids and leafhoppers, which can spread diseases as they feed.’
- ‘The newly seeded alfalfa has plant bugs and potato leafhoppers and established alfalfa has army worms, alfalfa loopers, thistle caterpillars, and variegated cut worms.’
- ‘Their larvae will eat large numbers and many varieties of aphids, and also devour mealybugs, whiteflies, thrips, leafhoppers, red spidermites, and a variety of other soft-bodied noxious insects.’
- ‘The grubs of the delicate lacewing gorge themselves on greenfly, as well as leafhoppers and other soft-bodied pests.’
- ‘The adults of most species feed on nectar and honeydew produced by aphids and other sucking insects like leafhoppers, whiteflies and mealybugs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.